The most difficult part of volunteering can be taking the first step – but once you have started, you will probably continue volunteering at different times throughout your life.
Before deciding what you want to do, think about
- What skills can you offer?
- How much time can you give?
- What do you want to get out of volunteering?
When choosing your volunteering role
- Research what roles are available.
- Ask lots of questions – ensure you know what is expected of you, and make sure the role suits you.
Please feel free to Contact Us to register as a volunteer and if you would like any further information, support or guidance.
Looking to Get a Team Together?
VCD are in touch with a number of local groups that need help with practical tasks. We can help you to organise a great team building experience for a nominal fee. Contact us for details.
If you prefer you can visit us at the RoundHouse, Marlowes, Hemel Hempstead for an informal chat with a volunteer adviser – give us a ring to make an appointment, or drop in for a chat.