The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is an international volunteer program funded by the European Commission. It enables all young people legally resident in Europe, aged between 18 and 30 years, to carry out an international volunteer service in an organisation or in a public body in Europe, Africa, Asia or South America for a period ranging from 2 to 12 months.
This is where we are collecting all our news items, whether they be published articles in the local press, or just news about events and happenings within the Volunteer Centre or associated Volunteer groups..
The latest articles are top of the list.
Please click on the item you are most interested in to read it.
Articles published in 2019:
- European Voluntary Service
- Outdoor Volunteering Opportunities
- A big Thank You to all our Volunteers
- Scouts in need of Volunteers
- Small Charity Week
- Becoming a Volunteer
- Volunteers' Week is coming!
- 'Out of Hours' Volunteering
- Crossroas Care Breakaway Volunteering 'Coffee Break'
- The Benefits of Volunteering
- New opportunities this week at the Volunteer Centre!
- Eyes and Ears Wanted For Aylesbury Prison
- Charity Shops need Volunteers!
- Support our local Volunteer Groups!
- Live local Radio - Volunteers needed for Dacorum’ s local radio station!
- Volunteering Opportunities with Animals
- Rotary Club of Hemel Hempstead
- We have a number of great new volunteering positions within a hospital environment – does this interest you?
- A new role for the new year - plus read some of our feedback to see what people get out of volunteering!
- Are you over 50 and looking for a new challenge in 2019?
- Why not make volunteering one of your New Year’s resolutions – one which you can keep!