Support to Organisations
CAD Volunteer Centre has supported approximately 500 other local groups and over 1000 volunteers. Our member organisations tell us that without our help, they would struggle to find the volunteer helpers they need, some might even have to close down. Recently, we have invested in Volunteer Connect, a new improved system for organisations to advertise their roles and recruit volunteers.
Help to find volunteers
Our online data base, enables you to contact people who are looking to volunteer directly. Additionally, you are able to add and amend opportunities yourself.
- Helping you to Register your organisation and volunteer opportunities
- Helping you to Advertising your need for volunteers through articles in the local paper and posters in our building.
- Advising you on how to get the best from your volunteers by adopting good practice
- Offering access to information and guidance as well as to a range courses, workshops and master classes
- Putting you in touch with other Volunteer Centres in Hertfordshire
Promoting your organisation and volunteer roles
We can promote your organisation and your roles in one of our regular features in the local paper, written by our volunteer ‘reporter’, Debby.
Regularly updated opportunity bulletins are available at our centre. Additionally, we offer you with an area to publicise your organisation within our centrally located office in Hemel Hempstead, either on one of our notice boards or in one of our window displays.
Investing in Your Volunteers
CAD Volunteer Centre is committed to helping organisations that are active in our local community to involve volunteers in their work effectively, safely and in a way that benefits both the organisation and the volunteer.
We offer guidance, training and support on how to get the most from your volunteer programme, including help with the creation of your role descriptions, recruiting and retaining your volunteers, and managing your volunteers.
Contact us with your training needs, we will be happy to help.
If you need support from one of our experienced advisers, we can arrange this for you.
To register your organisation please Contact us.